Certified Sandpay Therapist members of the STANZA shall meet the membership qualifications for Certified Sandplay Therapist as established by ISST from time to time as a minimum requirement.
- A university education as a medical doctor, psychologist, pedagogue, theologian, clinical social worker, or allied health professional, or a specialized training in one of the humanities or social sciences or program accredited by the Australian Government Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency or the New Zealand Qualifications Authority as a degree level program in those categories.
- Current membership of a professional association of Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Mental Health Practitioners, Social Workers, Medical Practitioners, or other recognised mental health profession OR licensed OR insured to practice in a mental health profession where required by any local legislation or authority.
- Completion of Personal Psychotherapeutic Sandplay Process with a certified ISST Member. As a guide, a minimum of 20 sandplay trays completed with the same personal process therapist is recommended.
- Completion of a comprehensive program of study of at least 100 learning hours conducted and presented by an ISST Teaching Member or ISST Teaching Members in compliance with ISST standards and covering the Jungian Fundamental Topics for Sandplay therapy and the suggested texts as recommended by ISST noted in Appendix B.
- Completion of a minimum 80 hours of Sandplay case consultation/supervision with ISST Teaching Members. At least 30 of these hours must be individual. Up to 50 group consultation/supervision hours are allowed provided a student/trainee presents their own clinical material for at least 10 of those 50 hours. Group supervision must comply with ISST guidelines in place at the time the group consultation occurs.
- Approval of two preliminary symbol papers as defined in the Statutes and Rules of Procedure of ISST from time to time. Generally, each is of approximately 5,000 words in length. One must include clinical material illustrated from completed Sandplay therapy case/s conducted by the applicant.
- Acceptance of a final case study as per ISST guidelines (Appendix C). The final case report must be read and approved by a minimum of three ISST CST-T’s who have been approved as final case readers as per ISST guidelines. At least one of the final case report readers must be a STANZA CST-T, as soon as one becomes available
- Jungian Analysts who are members of IAAP may become STANZA Certified Sandplay Therapists by completing the requirements for certification of Jungian Analysts as set out by ISST from time to time and complying with all additional membership requirements noted herein.
In the course of seeking to progress towards Teaching Membership, a CST may act as cosupervisor and co-teacher with an ISST certified Teaching member.
A STANZA Certified Sandplay Therapist (CST) may act in any capacity permitted by ISST statutes in terms of offering any training activity.
A STANZA Certified Sandplay Therapist (CST) may conduct Personal Processes in Sandplay therapy with others seeking STANZA and ISST certification.